Tel: 01727 223251
- Big housebuilders’ caution curbs growth
The onus for increasing supply is falling on a powerful group of private sector operators who have big market shares but few ambitions to grow
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 4:39 pm
- Hiscox shrinks reinsurance business
Lloyd’s insurer expects competitive pressures in reinsurance to intensify as low interest rates prompt investors to buy ‘catastrophe bonds’ instead
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 4:09 pm
- London companies warn on housing costs
More than half companies surveyed by CBI said access to and cost of housing were having a negative impact on staff recruitment, particularly for entry-level roles
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 3:45 pm
- Social tenancy shake-up muddles rents
Nearly 75% of affordable rent tenants receive housing benefit to help them pay after biggest upheaval in social housing in three decades
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 3:45 pm
- Lloyds to pay out £226m over Libor
Group to pay £7.8m of compensation to Bank of England over manipulation of fees payable for a taxpayer-backed funding scheme
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 2:20 pm
- Financial stocks drag FTSE into the red
Aberdeen Asset Management continues to fall on news of loss of big clients. Investors shrug off Lloyds' Libor fine.
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 4:18 pm
- Blacklisted! 10 highlights in Sanlam's UK equity income fund study
Sanlam Private PI's study has seen a number of changes over the last six months, with several new additions to its black and white lists.
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 3:00 pm
- Emerging banks: Nick Price picks the winners but passes on the also-rans
AA-rated Fidelity Emerging Markets manager Nick Price highlights some of the emerging world’s best banks, and expresses trepidation about some of its largest.
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 2:45 pm
- Lloyds hit with £217 million fine over Libor manipulation
Lloyds Banking group has been hit with a combined fine of £217.4 million by the UK and US regulators for its role in the Libor manipulation scandal.
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 2:04 pm
- RLAM's Talbut: 'Don’t sweat the small stuff, it’s the outcome that counts'
How to navigate the challenges and opportunities being thrown up in the financial services sector.
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 12:55 pm
- Beauty spots still at fracking 'risk'
Some environmental campaigners say that rules for new fracking licences are not tough enough to protect National Parks.
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 5:04 pm
- Russia to appeal $50bn Yukos payout
Russia will appeal a court decision ordering it to pay the biggest compensation package to date, amounting to $50bn (£29.5bn) in damages.
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 4:30 pm
- Emirates to stop flying over Iraq
Emirates Airline will stop flying over Iraq to protect its passengers from the threat of Islamic militants on the ground, according to reports.
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 4:24 pm
- Bupa calls for 15% industry price cut
Britain's biggest private healthcare company tells the BBC that it is charging its own customers too much and that the industry needs to urgently rethink how it sets prices.
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 4:20 pm
- Lloyds fined £218m over Libor
Lloyds Banking Group is fined £218m for "serious misconduct" relating to a key interest rate known as Libor.
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 4:05 pm
- Lloyds 'Risks Criminal Action' In Rigging Case
Some ex-Lloyds staff may find themselves in court as the banking group faces a £218m penalty for fixing of key interest rates.
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 5:10 pm
- Delays Expected Over Passport Staff Strike
Just weeks after it was revealed that thousands of passports were in a processing backlog, staff strike over pay.
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 2:51 pm
- Microsoft 'Under Investigation' In China
It is unclear why a probe has been launched but the company says it is "happy to answer" the Chinese government's questions.
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 2:42 pm
- Govt Figures: Property Price Freeze In June
As the housing boom continues and new mortgage rules bite, average prices take a stumble across England and Wales.
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 1:33 pm
- GSK Boss Says Pharma Giant May Be Split Up
During a troubling year for GlaxoSmithKline, the company's boss fuels speculation that one of its divisions could be spun off.
Posted on 28 July 2014 | 12:44 pm
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.