Tel: 01727 223251
- US prepares to sue Countrywide’s Mozilo
Legal action by the US attorney’s office in Los Angeles looms as BofA, Countrywide’s owner, is on the verge of $16bn-$17bn mortgage case settlement
Posted on 21 August 2014 | 12:17 am
- Vision Capital eyes IPO for BrightHouse
Vision Capital appoints Rothschild to advise on ‘all options’ for the controversial ‘rent-to-own’ retailer BrightHouse including a possible flotation
Posted on 20 August 2014 | 11:15 pm
- MPC rebels break ranks
Dissident duo of Ian McCafferty and Martin Weale are dangerously close to the real economy
Posted on 20 August 2014 | 8:38 pm
- Goldman gives junior bankers 20% pay rise
Many bankers complain that, while they may be receiving a large bonus in deferred stock, they need cash to spend on expensive Manhattan rents
Posted on 20 August 2014 | 7:52 pm
- Carillion courtship that ended in tears
An amicable bid by Carillion for rival Balfour Beatty quickly turned toxic between the boardrooms of two of Britain’s biggest building companies
Posted on 20 August 2014 | 7:42 pm
- Thursday Papers: Bank of England unanimity on rates crumbles
And Glencore is returning $1 billion to investors in the first share buyback by a global miner since the decade-long commodities boom began to cool.
Posted on 21 August 2014 | 3:38 am
- Overnight Markets: S&P 500 nears record after Fed minutes reassure on rates
Home Depot was the Dow's biggest percentage gainer with the stock rising 2.9% to a record closing high.
Posted on 21 August 2014 | 3:35 am
- Those value-driven tobacco stocks could keep smokin’
If you’re not worried about ethical concerns, there’s pretty good value to be had in tobacco stocks now, according to leading fund managers.
Posted on 21 August 2014 | 12:01 am
- Bambos Hambi rotates from Julie Dean into Alex Savvides
Bambos Hambi, head of fund of funds management at Standard Life Investments, has refocused his UK equity exposure on value investors.
Posted on 20 August 2014 | 1:09 pm
- Oh yes they will...oh no they won't: what does MPC split mean for rates?
The confusion surrounding UK interest rates deepened as the monetary policy committee minutes showed a split in its nine-strong team.
Posted on 20 August 2014 | 12:58 pm
- VIDEO: Li & Fung results under scrutiny
Supply-chain giant Li & Fung's half-year results are seen as a bellwether for the health of the US retail sector.
Posted on 21 August 2014 | 3:04 am
- Treasury Wine Estates reports a loss
Australian winemaker Treasury Wine Estates has reported its first annual loss due to slower sales in China and oversupply in the US market.
Posted on 21 August 2014 | 2:47 am
- HP's sales inch up but profit falls
Computer giant Hewlett-Packard has reported a sharp fall in profit despite a rise in revenue helped by improved computer sales.
Posted on 21 August 2014 | 2:42 am
- VIDEO: Panasonic turns to vegetable farming
Japanese electronics giant Panasonic has turned its hand to growing vegetables in Singapore. The BBC investigates.
Posted on 21 August 2014 | 2:24 am
- VIDEO: Barnes & Noble unveils latest Nook
American bookseller Barnes & Noble unveils the latest version of its Nook electronic reading device.
Posted on 21 August 2014 | 2:16 am
- Bank Of America Agrees Record $17bn Settlement
The agreement is the largest settlement arising from the economic meltdown that led to millions of Americans losing their homes.
Posted on 20 August 2014 | 8:56 pm
- Russia Shuts Moscow McDonald's Restaurants
Four McDonald's outlets are temporarily closed due to "sanitary violations" as tensions continue between Russia and the West.
Posted on 20 August 2014 | 8:44 pm
- Self-Employment 'Is A Ticking Time Bomb'
Amid new data on the rise of the self-employed, a workers' union says poor pension provision is a disaster waiting to happen.
Posted on 20 August 2014 | 4:59 pm
- Carillion Ends Balfour Beatty Merger Chase
A proposed deal that would have created a major construction player falls flat with Balfour's board and investors.
Posted on 20 August 2014 | 3:52 pm
- Carlsberg Goes Flat As Russian Sanctions Hit
The world's third biggest brewer, which controls more than a third of Russia's lager market, warns sales will deteriorate.
Posted on 20 August 2014 | 2:23 pm
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.