Tel: 01727 223251
- A plan to free the US mortgage market
The trick is to devise a system that combines the government’s financial muscle with the market’s ability to price risk
Posted on 20 April 2014 | 7:22 pm
- Banks warn as low rates squeeze returns
Average net interest margin falls to 2.64% at four biggest US banks, which is the lowest level in at least a decade and taking toll on profitability
Posted on 20 April 2014 | 7:11 pm
- Europe’s banks: dividend doubts
Lenders are promising healthy payouts, but investors might have to look north
Posted on 20 April 2014 | 7:05 pm
- KfW lobbies for unit to come off ECB list
State-owned bank lobbies for KfW Ipex to remain under national supervision on grounds that German government owns the parent group
Posted on 20 April 2014 | 6:52 pm
- Barclays to wind down commodities arm
Retreat from energy, agricultural and metals business follows sharp slide in revenues and greater scrutiny from regulators
Posted on 20 April 2014 | 6:08 pm
- Sunday Papers: RBS report on treatment of SMEs accused of being partial
And the Financial Conduct Authority is looking to change the listing rules so a majority investor has to get the support of smaller shareholders to take a company private.
Posted on 20 April 2014 | 4:21 am
- Saturday Papers: BlackRock challenges UK pension providers
And Barclays faces a barrage of shareholder anger over excessive pay following another troubling year for the bank.
Posted on 19 April 2014 | 5:21 am
- The Expert View: William Hill, Aviva and Ashtead
Our daily roundup of the best analyst commentary on shares, also including Songbird Estates and Synergy Health.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 5:01 am
- Friday Papers: RBS cleared of forcing clients into insolvency
And America’s two largest former investment banks report increased earnings but Morgan Stanley's profits rise and Goldman's fall.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 4:48 am
- Overnight Markets: S&P 500 and Nasdaq rise on earnings
Shares eked out modest gains as results from General Electric and Morgan Stanley beat estimates.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 4:45 am
- Japan's trade deficit quadruples
Japan's trade deficit quadrupled last month compared to March 2013, as export growth slows and energy imports continue to rise.
Posted on 21 April 2014 | 4:27 am
- Netflix battles for big budget TV
The battle for exclusive online TV shows
Posted on 21 April 2014 | 12:23 am
- The man who helps Somali firms grow
The expat investor helping businesses in Somalia
Posted on 21 April 2014 | 12:18 am
- Hidden company owners to be revealed
Companies will be forced to declare their true owners on a public register in a move to tackle corruption, Business Secretary Vince Cable says.
Posted on 21 April 2014 | 12:16 am
- Where Wall Street met Silicon Valley
Two cultures collide at the online retail giant
Posted on 21 April 2014 | 12:12 am
- Best Of British Gear Up For China Car Show
Motorshow exhibition defies warnings China's car market will slow this year and concerns over pollution restrictions.
Posted on 20 April 2014 | 4:10 am
- British Gas Bonus Claims To Be Investigated
Ofgem will examine a whistleblower's claims that British Gas staff boosted their salaries by selling the most expensive tariffs.
Posted on 19 April 2014 | 4:59 am
- The Week's Big Business Stories
Missed out on the big business stories of the week? Naomi Kerbel rounds up what's been making news, including David Beckham.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 11:03 am
- House Price Increases Create 'Generation Rent'
A third of adults under the age of 40 say they have no realistic chance of owning their own home, despite Help to Buy schemes.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 9:31 am
- South West Hoping For Easter Tourism Boost
The reopening of the railway line at Dawlish in Devon after £35m repairs gives tourist businesses reason for optimism.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 7:48 am
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.