Tel: 01727 223251
- RBS made major error in stress test
State-backed lender asks accountants to check UK figures
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 11:01 pm
- Yoga and beer at UK’s first community pub
Cautioned urged as residents mobilise to block property developer and save their local
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 8:31 pm
- Call to close short selling loophole
European lawmakers urge rethink on hedge fund anonymous bets
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 8:24 pm
- Aviva closes in on deal to buy Friends Life
£5.6bn acquisition would transform UK pensions industry
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 7:56 pm
- BoE probes money auction rigging fears
QC examines suspicions over possible manipulation of liquidity moves in 2007-8
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 7:44 pm
- Aviva in talks to buy Friends Life in £5bn deal
Aviva is in talks to buy rival insurance giant Friends Life in a £5 billion deal.
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 5:32 pm
- Markets surge on China rate cut and ECB hopes
Markets surge on surprise China interest rate cut and hints of more stimulus from the ECB. The Accumulator rounds up the week.
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 4:10 pm
- Rivercrest liquidates Worthington’s fund
Giles Worthington recently departed to join Smith & Williamson.
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 1:35 pm
- F&C’s A-rated Nichols: why Europe can be a core income play
F&C’s Mark Nichols believes Europe is attractive despite the bad reputation that European corporates have among UK investors.
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 1:10 pm
- Hendersons' Kerley: investing in Marmite-like China
Citywire A-rated manager sees higher quality growth originating from China's current reforms.
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 1:05 pm
- Haile Gebrselassie: From athletics to the boardroom
Haile Gebrselassie on his move from athletics to the boardroom
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 10:00 pm
- The Christmas 0% credit card rush
Are 0% interest credit card deals a good idea?
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 10:00 pm
- Aviva and Friends Life discuss merger
Aviva and Friends Life are in talks about a possible £5.6bn merger deal, the two insurance companies have said.
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 6:33 pm
- VIDEO: Twitter co-founder defends application
The chairman and co-founder of Twitter is in London for the global launch of his new company 'Square'.
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 6:18 pm
- HSBC under investigation in France
HSBC's Swiss-based private banking arm confirms it has been placed under formal investigation in France, days after being accused of tax fraud by Belgium authorities.
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 6:07 pm
- How Christmas Adverts Play With Our Emotions
Rather than relying on TV to get their message across, the ads are also shared hundreds of thousands of times on social media.
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 10:20 pm
- Twitter Co-Founder's Passion For Payment App
Jack Dorsey speaks to Sky's Technology Correspondent Tom Cheshire about changing the way people shop on the high street.
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 6:50 pm
- Aviva Agrees £5bn Deal To Buy Friends Life
Aviva confirms a Sky News report that it is buying Friends Life in a £5bn-plus deal that will reshape the pensions industry.
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 6:40 pm
- Italy: ECB Set For Bond Buy-Up To Boost Eurozone
A move to purchase government bonds has been seen as somewhat unlikely because Germany has always been opposed to the measure.
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 4:47 pm
- Powerless Eurostar Leaves Passengers Stuck
Passengers angrily report being left in the dark for hours without water and with no information about what had happened.
Posted on 21 November 2014 | 3:58 pm
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.