Tel: 01727 223251
- Mortgage lenders cut interest rates
Experts urge borrowers to fix before interest rates increase
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 9:03 pm
- First ‘simple product’ hallmark awarded
Savings product providers apply for seal of approval following Sergeant review commissioned by government
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 9:00 pm
- Equity income fund sales hit record high
Investors seeking income turn to new Woodford fund
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 8:53 pm
- Prudential refunds pension annuity
Insurance group withdraws “extremely misleading” comments in which it claimed another company was to blame for wrongly selling an annuity
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 8:43 pm
- I was brought up to work hard
From opening his first shop aged 18 in the West Midlands Steve Smith’s rise in retail has been dramatic. In 2002 he sold Poundland, started in 1990, for £50m.
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 8:40 pm
- FTSE falls despite cooling US rate rise fears
Weaker-than-expected US jobs data cools fears over interest rate rises, but not enough to lift FTSE 100 out of the red.
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 2:53 pm
- Duffield's Brompton hires ex-IMS chief John as multi-asset boss
John Duffield's investment firm Brompton Asset Management has hired Antony John as head of multi-asset.
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 1:39 pm
- Liverpool & Everton relegated! The Premier League property table
Online estate agent eMoov.co.uk has created the league table based on Zoopla property prices.
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 12:55 pm
- Large cap M&A can power next leg of the bull market
Pfizer’s failed bid for AstraZeneca represents a significant turning point for the UK market this year, according to AXA Distribution manager Richard Marwood.
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 12:00 pm
- Lionel Messi accused of using UK firms to avoid £3m tax
The Argentina and Barcelona star is reported to have used UK firms to avoid £3 million in tax.
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 11:24 am
- Judge urges Argentina default talks
In the first hearing since Argentina defaulted on its debts, US judge Thomas Griesa calls for negotiations to be resumed urgently.
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 10:29 pm
- Does your house make more than you?
Find out if your house makes more money than you do
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 10:18 pm
- 'Purple pound should attract firms'
Smarter businesses could reduce the extra living costs faced by disabled people, the head of a new commission says.
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 10:03 pm
- US economy adds 209,000 jobs in July
The US economy added 209,000 jobs in July, latest Bureau of Labor Statistics data reveal, adding to optimism that the recovery continues apace.
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 4:50 pm
- Held GSK detective visited by son
The son of a private investigator linked to a GlaxoSmithKline corruption investigation in China has been allowed to visit his father.
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 4:09 pm
- Lloyds' Libor Fine To Help Armed Forces
Injured soldiers and armed forces families will benefit from bankers who have shown the "worst of values", says the Chancellor.
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 4:58 pm
- US Unemployment Rate Ticks Up To 6.2% In July
The unemployment rate, which has fallen sharply over the past year, rises slightly to 6.2%, figures show.
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 2:47 pm
- RBS To Pour Billions Into Yawning Pension Gap
RBS is to pay an additional £5.1bn into its pension fund to eliminate a deficit that has ballooned to £5.6bn, Sky News can reveal.
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 2:44 pm
- Gatwick Fliers Advised Over Swissport Problems
With the chance of more baggage delays this weekend, travellers are advised to consider keeping hold of essential items.
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 1:28 pm
- World Cup Betting Surge Boosts William Hill
Twenty million bets were wagered with bookmaker William Hill during Brazil 2014, with more than three-quarters placed online.
Posted on 1 August 2014 | 1:21 pm
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.