Tel: 01727 223251
- Lancashire founder decides to quit
Richard Brindle said ‘the time is right’ for him to leave the company that he set up in 2005 to capitalise on rising premiums after series of windstorms
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 9:59 pm
- Moelis defends dual-class structure in IPO
Veteran banker has control of 96.6 per cent of the votes in newly listed boutique bank, blocking any potential threat from activists
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 9:20 pm
- NextEnergy ties up £86m solar funding
Solar energy group chief Michael Bonte-Friedheim says investors can typically expect 5.25p dividend return in first year, rising to 6.25p in second
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 8:44 pm
- Face of Irish crisis cleared of loan fraud
The verdict is likely to increase the pressure on the government to hold a public inquiry in to the collapse of the Irish banking system
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 7:44 pm
- Corporate knights less likely to cut jobs
New Zealand study suggests bosses that are in line for a knighthood are less likely to cut jobs for fear of drawing the ire of politicians and the public
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 7:28 pm
- Citywire Scotland: the Turnberry countdown begins
We can confirm a star-studded line up for our annual event in Turnberry running on 19-20 June.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 3:39 pm
- Brandeaux delists student property fund in ‘tireless’ bid to liquidate
The £1 billion Brandeaux Student Accommodation fund has delisted its shares from the Irish Stock Exchange, but admitted that it still cannot confirm when it will be able to meet redemptions.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 1:24 pm
- Former Schroders multi-asset boss joins UBS
Gregor Hirt takes up CIO role within Swiss group’s global investment team one month after leaving Schroders.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 1:16 pm
- Henderson hires ex-Thames River partner as EM debt head
Mark Drew joins forces with Citywire A-rated Stephen Thariyan at Henderson.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 1:10 pm
- Franklin drops Templeton name from fund range
Sir John Templeton’s name has been stripped from 15 funds managed by Franklin Templeton.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 1:00 pm
- Virgin apologises for email glitch
Virgin Media apologises after some of its customers received hundreds of unwanted emails because of a distribution list error.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 10:11 pm
- First Heartbleed 'hacker' arrested
A 19-year-old Canadian citizen is charged with hacking into the Canada Revenue Agency's website, becoming the first arrest in relation to the Heartbleed security breach.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 9:56 pm
- Google shares fall on ad concerns
Shares in Google fall 5% despite reporting first-quarter profit of $3.45bn in response to worries over future income from advertising.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 9:51 pm
- VIDEO: End of cost of living squeeze?
Wage increases have finally risen above the rate of inflation, after four years of falling living standards.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 9:47 pm
- VIDEO: Price war sees Tesco profits fall 6.9%
Tesco has reported a 6.9% fall in group trading annual profit to £3.3bn as it continues to lose market share to discount rivals.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 8:41 pm
- Tesco Full-Year Profit Slumps 6% To £3.3bn
Britain's biggest supermarket chain sees a drop in annual profit, as turmoil continues to hit the ultra-competitive sector.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 7:48 pm
- How Far Are We In The 'Decade Of Lost Wages'?
A closer look at the latest economic indicators reveals some surprising figures when it comes to wages and inflation.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 6:53 pm
- Official: Average Earnings Outpace Inflation
Jobless numbers continue to fall as total pay exceeds inflation for the first time in four years, official figures show.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 6:32 pm
- West Ham Among First To Net .London Domain
Selfridges, the London School of Economics and Premier League side West Ham sign up for the first .london domain names.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 3:53 pm
- Drug Charges For Former Co-op Boss Flowers
The former Co-op bank chairman and Methodist minister is charged with possession of class A and class C drugs.
Posted on 16 April 2014 | 3:42 pm
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.