Tel: 01582 792780 | email@example.com
- UK banks told to find further £13bn
UK’s bank regulator has told the country’s biggest banks they must raise an additional £13bn to plug a capital shortfall
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 9:06 am
- PBoC dashes hopes of China cash boost
Central bank has dashed hopes that it was about to inject liquidity into the markets amid record levels for short-term money market rates
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 6:58 am
- Final salary pension schemes ‘overblown’
Most UK companies say the need to pour extra money into schemes to cover deficits has little effect on other investment decisions, says a BoE report
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 1:04 am
- Commerzbank to cut 5,200 jobs by 2016
Agreement with labour representatives sees Germany’s second-largest lender by assets move to improve its competitiveness in domestic market
Posted on 19 June 2013 | 11:36 pm
- Word of caution on Qatar and UAE upgrade
Last week’s upgrade of the Qatari and UAE stock markets to emerging market status by MSC was a long time coming but is highly welcome
Posted on 19 June 2013 | 11:15 pm
- FTSE sheds 107pts as Fed signals 2014 QE tapering
Ben Bernanke's forecast that its tapering of quantitative easing (QE) will begin next year has triggered a sell-off in markets.
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 9:17 am
- FTSE slides, dollar surges as Fed and China unsettle markets
Stock markets tumbled after Ben Bernanke, chairman of the US Federal Reserve, said its stimulus policies could end next year.
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 9:08 am
- Osborne plans Lloyds sale and considers RBS breakup
George Osborne has pushed forward the expected timetable for a sale of the government’s ownership of Lloyds and performed a u-turn on dividing RBS into ‘good’ and ‘bad’ banks.
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 7:35 am
- The Expert View: BT, Aggreko and Spirit Pub Co
A roundup of some of the best analyst commentary on shares, also including Darty and Alliance Pharma.
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 5:01 am
- Citywire Top Stocks Daily News Digest
All the news from across the web about the companies featured in Citywire's Top Stocks.
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 4:07 am
- Pixmania woes hit Dixons results
Dixons Retail reports a rise in sales, but costs incurred at its troubled online outlet Pixmania mean it reports a loss for the past year.
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 8:52 am
- Singapore smog hits hazardous levels
Singapore and Indonesia schedule an emergency meeting after haze in Singapore soars to hazardous levels, breaking all previous records.
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 8:33 am
- UK banks face £27.1bn shortfall
The Prudential Regulation Authority says the UK's top banks and building societies need to fill a £27.1bn hole in their balance sheets.
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 8:24 am
- India rupee falls to all-time low
The Indian rupee dips to an all-time low against the US dollar after the US Federal Reserve signals it could start pulling back on stimulus later this year.
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 7:25 am
- VIDEO: Howard Stringer steps down from Sony
After eight years, Sir Howard Stringer steps down from the Japanese electronics giant Sony.
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 6:51 am
- 'Chancellor Jeffrey Osborne': Obama Makes Gaffe
The US president calls George Osborne "Jeffrey" then apologises saying he had confused him with a black soul singer.
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 9:19 am
- Regulator Reveals £27.1bn UK Bank Shortfall
The Prudential Regulation Authority says lenders have plans in place to raise half the total money needed to plug 'black holes'.
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 8:29 am
- Chancellor Unveils Plan For State-Owned Banks
The Treasury considers steps to return state-owned Lloyds to the private sector as a review is launched into the break-up of RBS.
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 6:26 am
- Federal Reserve Hints At Slowing Bond Purchases
The Dow Jones drops as the US central bank announces it will, for now, continue an $85bn per month bond purchasing programme.
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 6:08 am
- Billing Errors Cost Families Up To £400 A Year
Consumers are urged to check their bills after a probe reveals one in seven people have been overcharged in the past year.
Posted on 20 June 2013 | 3:16 am
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.