Tel: 01727 223251
- Credit Suisse’s commodities exit in focus
Swiss bank said it will focus on more profitable structured products and credit businesses
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 1:48 pm
- Citigroup curbs Napier Park capital links
US bank has withdrawn proprietary capital invested in hedge fund as it looks to meet Volcker rules while minimising impact on profitability
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 12:10 pm
- Canary Wharf project wins approval
The 4.9m sq ft development on the eastern edge of the estate will have more than 3,000 homes including a huge cylindrical residential tower
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 11:06 am
- Leslau sells Max Property to Blackstone
Nick Leslau agrees to sell a listed company to Blackstone in a £448m deal, but says he is not calling the top of London’s commercial property market
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 11:03 am
- Credit Suisse trims operations after loss
Swiss bank suffers second-quarter net loss after $2.6bn settlement with US authorities following admission it helped clients evade taxes
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 7:28 am
- What’s behind the rise of shareholder activism?
It has been a busy year for shareholder activism with a number of firms on the end of revolts.
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 1:42 pm
- Why Chelverton's AAA-rated Taylor bought Jupiter & River and Mercantile
David Taylor took a stake in Jupiter this month overlooked his reluctance to back IPOs to buy an interest in River and Mercantile.
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 1:36 pm
- What will 'generation Lamborghini’ want from their pensions?
This year has been massive for pensions and EY's Dan Mahony analyses how those with larger pots could respond.
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 11:30 am
- Ex-JP Morgan Cazenove banker loses battle against £450k FCA fine
Ian Hannam has lost his two-year battle against a £450,000 fine imposed by the FCA for market abuse.
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 10:22 am
- FTSE jumps as Ukraine tensions show signs of easing
Sentiment improves as Ukrainian separatists agree to hand over black boxes of crashed plane. Tesco gives back yesterday's gains.
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 10:09 am
- YouTube star sued over copyright
The entrepreneur is being taken to court for alleged copyright infringement by a record label whose own artist Kaskade has come forward to defend her.
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 1:58 pm
- Harley-Davidson sees profits jump
Harley-Davidson reports a sharp jump in quarterly profits but warns it will ship fewer bikes this year than previously forecast.
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 1:54 pm
- Student loan system 'tipping point'
There are so many problems and incorrect forecasts in the student loan system that there needs to be a complete review, says a report from MPs.
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 1:48 pm
- UK factory orders 'slow in July'
Manufacturing orders for the UK slowed down more than expected in July, but still remain robust, a survey by CBI has suggested.
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 12:56 pm
- Saudi market to open to foreigners
Saudi Arabia's stock market is to open up to foreign investors for the first time, the country announces.
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 12:47 pm
- Russia Faces 'Hard-Hitting' Sanctions Over MH17
EU foreign ministers could impose penalties on Russian businesses, organisations and individuals as they meet in Brussels.
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 1:57 pm
- Banks Face £1.5bn Hit From PPI Claims Deluge
The big banks are to set aside more than £1bn next week for new PPI mis-selling compensation, Sky News learns.
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 12:00 pm
- UK Tops 'Dirty 30' EU Power Plants League
The Government is urged to wind down the country's coal-fired power stations on health and environmental grounds.
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 11:12 am
- Gadgets 'Cost Hundreds Of Pounds More In UK'
Which? says British people are getting a "raw deal" after finding that some products cost hundreds of pounds more than in the US.
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 10:17 am
- Royal Mail Warns Of Lower Parcel Revenues
Royal Mail blames "an intensifying competitive environment" for falling parcel revenues and looks to Santa to meet expectations.
Posted on 22 July 2014 | 8:20 am
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.